The Honourable and Ancient Appointment of Conductor

Tracing Conductors in your Family History

You may know of a Conductor in your family and wish to get information about him or her.

First, try the Roll of Honour on this website. You can search by name or by date. Search from HERE

If you want to get hold of the Service Record of a deceased Conductor then you can try: or by writing to:

Army Personnel Centre,
Historical Disclosures,
Mail Point 555,
Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street,
G2 8EX

You will need a 'Certificate of Kinship', which is downloadable from the above website and it will cost you.

A third alternative is to try the new resource from the RLC Archive which gives you access to books journals and documents held by the RLC Museum. It can be accessed at:

Click on the cap badge of the Corps the Conductor was a member of, or go for a search across all documents. The access is based on 'Pay per View' and will require you to register on the site.

Dont forget to let us know the details to add to our Roll of Honour

Mar 2014